Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-26 Origin: Site
What is the biological safety cabinet?
Biological safety cabinet is a box-type air purification negative pressure safety device. It can prevent certain dangerous or unknown biological particles from dissipating aerosols during the process of experimental operation. It is widely used in scientific research, teaching, clinical testing and production in the fields of microbiology, biomedicine, genetic engineering, biological products, etc. It is the most basic safety protection equipment in the first-level protective barrier of laboratory biosafety.
Classification of the biological safety cabinet
The biological safety cabinet is divided into three levels: Ⅰ, Ⅱ, and Ⅲ according to the airflow and isolation barrier design structure.
Class Ⅱ biological safety cabinets are divided into Type A and Type B.
Type A is divided into A1 type biological safety cabinet and A2 type biological safety cabinet.
Type B is divided into B1 type biological safety cabinet and B2 type biological safety cabinet.
How to use the biological safety cabinet correctly?
1. Turn on the power supply.
2. Wear clean laboratory work clothes. Clean your hands. Wipe the working platform in the biological safety cabinet with 70% alcohol or other disinfectants.
3. Place the experimental items in the biological safety cabinet as required.
4. Close the glass door. Turn on the power switch. The UV lamp should be turned on to disinfect the surface of the test item if necessary.
5. After the disinfection is completed, set to the working state of the biological safety cabinet and open the glass door to make the machine operate normally.
6. The equipment can be used after it completes the self-cleaning process and runs stably.
7. Wipe the working platform in the cabinet with 70% alcohol after finishing the work and taking out the waste. Maintain the air circulation for a period of time to discharge pollutants from the work area.
8. Close the glass door, turn off the fluorescent lamp, and turn on the UV lamp to disinfect the biological safety cabinet.
9. Turn off the power after disinfection.